WDKN 1260 AM/101.5 The One FM in lovely Downtown Dickson, TN, is looking to reload our news teams. Applicants must understand that local news is the lifeblood of a local radio station. They should be passionate about reporting on breaking news, government operations, local schools, and community events. The ideal candidates are strong writers with vocal chops for radio. Someone who is familiar with hosting community radio is a bonus. Anyone applying must be aware that local news is a 24/7 assignment with breaking news coverage not always fitting into a 9-5 life.
• News gathering for broadcast and web coverage on WDKN 1260 AM/101.5 The One FM
• Participate in daily community talk show from 111:30-12:30
• Develop, write, and produce :90 morning and evening newscast
• Share breaking news and news of interest on social media
• Build connected relationships with local leadership in government, emergency services, schools, etc.
Qualifications and Expectations
• Prior work in newsroom and/or broadcast news media experience (reporting, editorial, production)
• Excellent writing skills
• Basic understanding of broadcast radio (we’ll teach you the rest)
• Familiar with Adobe Audition, board operation, and radio automation
• Basic computer skills (Word, Google Docs, etc.)
• Photography/videography experience is a bonus
• Hour flexibility to respond to news in a timely manner
If you’re interested in this position please submit your resume to Robert Freeman – PD WDKN at email@example.com
R&F Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation is negotiable.