The Dickson City Council recognized four firefighters for rescuing a handicapped man from a fire.
At Monday night’s council meeting, Mayor Don L. Weiss Jr. informed the council of the efforts of Dickson Fire Department firefighters Darren Daniel, Brandi Holland, Justin Manley and Terry Choate in responding to a residential structure fire several months ago.
“On Sept. 26, 2018, at about 12:14 in the afternoon, the City of Dickson Fire Department was notified of a structure fire on Forrest Hills Circle,” Weiss said. “While en route, dispatch notified the captain of a bed-ridden victim in the basement that could not get out.”
According to the fire department report, upon arrival crews found heavy smoke on the first and second floors as well as the basement with a fire on the first floor.
“Firefighters Darren Daniel, Brandi Holland, Justin Manley and Terry Choate entered the basement, located the victim and removed him from the structure,” Weiss said.
Daniel, Holland and Manley were present at Monday’s council meeting and received a standing ovation from the council and audience.
Nobody was injured in the blaze, which was determined to have been caused by food left unattended cooking on the stove.